The Winners of Taunt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Winners of Taunt

Post by Ale J. on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:29 pm

I followed the guards down the corridors. The ceilings and walls were made of golden and silver mirrors, the floor made of smooth diamond. Clara was holding onto my hand so tight that it was turning white. I gave it a squeeze, trying to reassure her that everything was okay. She smiled at me and I blushed. To my left was my brother, Lawrence. He was practically skipping as he walked.

“Can you believe this, Rickie? We made it! We won the game!” He yelled. The guards glanced back at him but turned their mirrored faces back around. They looked so...strange.

“What do you think the prize will be?” I asked my brother, who was too busy staring at the guards to notice. I turned to Clara, studying her face. She seemed worried, scared almost.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. She looked up at me with her pale blue eyes, her lips in a tight line. I had barely noticed that her hand was shaking in mine. I had thought the shaking was me, since it was my first time I had held her hand...and my first kiss was only minutes before... but it was her.

“I just...” She began, sighing and closing her eyes. When she opened them again, she looked normal. Just as she had before. “I’m fine...just nervous....” I didn’t quite believe her, but her tone told me she didn’t want to tell me what was really going on. I didn’t pry, instead I bent down, kissing her lightly on the cheek.

“It’s okay. We can be free now.” I said, smiling. As she opened her mouth to reply, we came up to a huge door. It was made of pearls, and was so bright I had to squint to see. Above the door was pure darkness, which stood out next to the door. It was scary looking and gave me a creepy feeling.

The guards called out something and the door opened, a faint light coming from the other side. As we walked into the room, my eyes widened.

The room was filled with such beauty, you would have to see it for yourself to believe. Near the ceiling was a sky, a night sky with twinkling stars and a full moon, which lit up the entire room.. All across the ground were jewels and other treasures, spread around and there for you to take.. There were real animals everywhere, crawling, flying, and running across an open space to the left. This room was so breath-taking, that I didn’t even notice the three people standing in the middle of the room, staring at us.

One was a little girl, her big dark blue eyes glittering, and a smile that made her teeth look like pearls. Her hair stretched all the way to the ground in shiny waves, and she wore a tan dress, made of silk, that went to the ground and transitioned into a dark black at the bottom. She looked so...perfect. The second was a man, he looked to be in his mid-forties, with a grey beard and a bald head that you could see your reflection in. He was sitting in a chair, wearing a tuxedo, and was the oldest looking of the three. The third was another girl, about twenty with wide brown eyes, she had silver hair in curls to her waist, and wore a white dress that made her look like a goddess.

All three stepped over to us. The older girl was the first to speak, “I am Decisions. This is Fate,” She pointed to the man, “And this is Wish.” She motioned to the little girl. “You must be the winners.”

I nodded, “I’m Rickie, this is Lawrence, and this is Clara.” I said, motioning to the other two.

Fate kept staring at me, “Well...let’s see if this works.” Hemuttered, though I had no idea what he meant.

Wish walked over, “Make a wish!” She said, “The one thing you wish for, you get.”

“Is that the prize?” Clara asked.

“Yes,” Said Decisions, “You are allowed to wish of one thing. From a money to immortality.”

Lawrence’s eyes widened, “Immortality?”

Wish nodded, “Yep! You can live forever.”

Lawrence nodded, “I want that! I wish for immortality!”

“Lawrence!” I said, “Are you sure you don’t want to think through that?”

Decisions talked before he could, “His decision was made final already. Lawrence, you will be made immortal.”

I was about to say something when Clara spoke up, “I wish for immortality too,” She said. Then, she looked up at me, “We could be together forever, Rickie!”

It was then, that I felt I had no choice. Why live if you had no one to be with?

“I wish for immortality,” I said. Clara and Lawrence both smiled at me.

Fate nodded, “Very well then, all three of you come with me.” He said, walking away and across the field to a door. The door was in the middle of a hill, built right into it and had a metallic black look. We followed him, but I looked back at the two girls.

“Have fun!” Wish said, a creepy smile on her face. I looked at her strangely, but the entire room disappeared as we walked, taking Wish and Decisions with it.

Fate opened the door, which led into a hallway of torches. We all came in, following behind and I held onto Clara’s hand. Once we reached the end, which was a simple white door, we stopped. I watched as Fate took some keys from the dirt wall, opening the door and holding it open for us.

“Come on now, I don’t have eternity,” He said. I hesitantly took a step inside. It was a small room, completely white with only the door we came in through and some vents. As I was looking around, the door slammed shut behind us. The three of us turned to face it. I ran over to it as fast as I could, but found that there was no knob. We were trapped.

“Rickie...what’s going on?” Clara asked, fear in her voice.

Lawrence banged on the door, “Let us out of here!” He yelled. A few seconds later, a grey smoke started coming through the air vents. It hit Clara first, and she bent over, grabbing her chest and began to cough.

“Clara!” I yelled, grabbing her arm as she collapsed to the ground. As I bent down beside her, Lawrence began to cough behind me. My head swung around to see him already laying down, his back on the cement floor. His eyes were closed tight as he screamed in pain.

As I dragged Clara over to Lawrence, the smoke surrounded me. I struggled to not breathe it in, but at one point I had to. The second it touched my mouth, I felt like my entire body was burning. It felt as if someone was pricking me with millions of poisonous thorns. My feet felt fuzzy, and a numbness began to cover them, moving up my body slowly until I couldn’t feel my lower half. I was still holding Clara’s hands, which were cold as ice now. Both her and Lawrence’s eyes were closed, and they didn’t move. The numbness traveled up until I could only feel my face. Everything went silent, as I closed my eyes, I struggled to remember Clara’s image, her voice, her touch.... I was then, that I was overcome with a peaceful darkness.

~*~*~*~

I awoke in a grassy field, flowers surrounding me, and a tree near my head. I got up onto my feet and looked around me, I felt strangely...calm. A boy ran over to me, he looked very excited. He also seemed vaguely familiar.

“Finally you wake up!” He yelled. I blinked, staring at him with a confused expression. “You must be Right! I’m Left, your partner!” He said.

“Where am I?” I asked the boy, Left.

“Taunt of course! Where else? We’re the guides to the Game!” He said, but I gave him a blank stare, not knowing anything that he said. “Here, I’ll take you to the Leaders! They can explain it to you!”

Just then, a girl walked over from out of nowhere. She had curly blonde hair, and pale blue eyes. “It’s about time you wake up, sleepyhead! I’m Curiosity! Nice to meet you!” She said, shaking my hand.

“I don’t know what’s going on....” I said, Curiosity laughed.

“Of course you don’t! Come on! Another Game will be starting soon!” She said, running into the tree.”

“How did she-” I started, but Left cut me off.

“Come on, it’s easy! You’ll get used to it!” He said, walking right into it. I followed him, hesitating but walking through it. It seemed really weird at first....

But he was right, I did get used to it.

going away,
and going away means
forgetting."

-Peter Pan
Ale J.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Winners of Taunt

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:18 pm

o_o_o_o_o

Back to top Go down