Fruits Basket

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fruits Basket

Post by Momo13 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:14 pm

(no i did not type the name wrong...that is what the Manga series is called. My friend gave this to me off another site she is a part of thinking i would like it, so im desiding to test it out. It is based off the Manga series Fruits Basket)

Thousands of years ago, the Jade Emperor of China organized a race for animals. The first 12 animals to finish were to be given a place in the Chinese Zodiac and have a year named after them.

The Rat, who was very clever, knew that he could never beat the Cat in the race. He told the cat the wrong date of the race on purpose. Thinking the race was the next day, the cat fell asleep.

All of the other animals gather by the river. The first to cross would be the victor. The rat knew that he couldn't possibly fight the current and win. So, spying the strong Ox, the Rat leapt onto his back just as they started across the river. When the Ox reached the other side, the Rat jumped off and scampered to victory, just ahead of the Ox. The tiger came third, but he cheated. He crossed the river by using the backs of the animals swimming across as stepping stones, leaping from one to another.

So the 12-year cycle of the Chinese Zodiac begins with the Rat. After him comes the Ox who is followed by the Tiger. After them come the Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig, in that order.

The cat, it must be noted, has no place in the zodiac, having arrived at the river bank a day late. He has always hated the rat since then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the legend goes. But what happened to the animals of the Zodiac?

They're still around. They look like humans, eat like humans, breath like humans- only taking their true animal form when they are embraced by humans of the opposite sex. They live a cursed life- when they die, the spirit of the Zodiac animal is re-born into another human body.

They are also cursed to be completely devoted to this 'Jade Emperor'- their God. Like the others, the Jade Emperor is reborn again and again. The Zodiac is forced to be loyal to him/her.

Some background on the Zodiac:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Cat:

The cat is the most cursed of them all. He is forced to wear a special bracelet- when the beads are removed, he transforms into a hideous creature- a monster. He bears this curse as WELL as transforming to a cat when he hugs a human of the opposite sex. He is looked down on constantly by the other Zodiac, and he hates the rat with a burning passion.

Rat

Characteristics: Those who are born in the year of the rat are known to be innovative, intelligent and full of crafty ideas. They are also people who know how to make the best of a situation, making it their advantage. They are also collectors by nature, and are probably the only ones who are awake when the world is asleep. Rats basically need to be careful with their temper and greed.

Ox

Characteristics: Honest, patient and conservative. The Ox is most happy when left alone to their devices. They are also great parents because the Ox is regarded as a dependable creature. However, they are also stubborn creatures.

Tiger

Characteristics: This is a loving and gentle bunch. They are also elegant and creative. They can be rather shy at times, but once they learn to step out of their comfort zones, they should do well.

Rabbit

Characteristics: It is said that those born in the year of the Rabbit are the luckiest of them all. This is because the Rabbit have good characters. They are gentle, talented, friendly and always gracious. These wonderful qualities make them highly popular among their friends. Sometimes, a Rabbit can be very shy and sentimental, but if they can overcome that, they can succeed in almost everything that they do.

Dragon

Characteristics: Unique, quiet, and talented are the Dragons. They also have an interesting imagination. On the downside, the Dragons are moody creatures who strive for perfection.

Snake

Characteristics: While many deemed the Snakes are sly and cunning, the Snakes are actually talented and graceful creatures. They are also wise and subtle in their ways. They are generally people who care about their looks and are sometimes rather stingy. However, if only the Snake knows how to make use of their true qualities, they will find themselves quite popular. The are also incredibly flamboyant and cocky as hell, over-confident in every way.

Horse

Characteristics: A Horse is quiet and a loner. By nature, those who are born in the year of the Horse love to travel, preferably alone. Because of their character, they are generally impatient creatures, therefore they should learn to chill out and finish whatever tasks they've started on.

Ram

Characteristics: Rams are brave and powerful creatures. They are also people who dare to take risks, which of course make them good natural leaders. In order to secure their stand and ensure everything works well, a Ram must think carefully before making a move, and not let their brash character offend others. They can be self-centered and harsh, but are very loyal.

Monkey

Characteristics: Monkeys have an incredibly low ego, and believe they are a bother all the time. Very aware of other people's discomfort, and believe they are a burden. They are also curious creatures. If a monkey gets overly confident, they can confuse themselves.

Rooster

Characteristics: Roosters are generally punctual people, totally reliable and independent. They also enjoy taking center stage and are sometimes vain creatures.

Dog

Characteristics: Dogs are sporting, loyal and honest people. They are also helpful and positive, although sometimes they tend to be a little TOO carefree. They are unreliable and charming.

Boar

Characteristics: Noble and strong, the Boars are noble creatures and will always put others ahead of themselves, especially their family. Friendships they build will last a long time even though the reckless nature of a Boar can sometimes be tough to handle. Forceful in their affection and demanding for attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Charaters format

Name
sex
looks

Raven
female
dragon
long black hair, purple eyes, pale skin, average height and thin
Momo13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fruits Basket

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:22 pm

Oooh this looks fun, but I've never read the books. Is that okay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:23 pm

it should be fine...feel free to make a human as well

Robyn
female
shes a human
spiked black hair, green eyes, sun kissed skin
Momo13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Name Hayden
sex female
age 15
zodiac/personality Rabbit
looks Long blonde, layered hair to her waist. Eyes like pieces of the sky. Around 5'8, and thin. Imagine the body of a model. A smile that makes you think that there are no nightmares, or bad things in the world, only happiness and joy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:30 pm

cool character, wanna wait for more people?
Momo13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:31 pm

thanks, and sure. I'm going to have to go in half an hour, but I'll be back after that. I hope we'll get to start before I have to leave!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:27 pm

Name: Petra Harker
Sex: Female
Zodiac: Rat
Looks: Petra has obsidian hair that is cut into a sharp, chin-length bob. Her icy blue eyes seem to penetrate deep into you. She is petite, and has an elven, almost devilish, appearance. She radiates scheming and michief.

Name: Jack Skelling
Sex: Male
Zodiac: Snake
Looks: Jack has shaggy, dark blond hair. His eyes are a piercing green. He is tall and sinewy, not overly muscular. He almost always has a cocky smile playing about his face.

Last edited by BariJoy on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Is this chat ever going to start? I really wanna do this one :/

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:22 pm

I am going to join!
anonymouswriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:24 pm

Okay Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Name - Anastasia Thorn
sex - Female
age - 16
zodiac/personality - Tiger
looks - long and curly black hair, deep and starry blue eyes that are easy to fall into, petite, long dancer legs, delicate facial features
anonymouswriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:01 am

nice charrie

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:26 pm

when you all get on shall we start?
anonymouswriter

View user profile