Re: DC/Marvel Fun!

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:31 am

Spades
I gave her a slight wave, then walked over "How are you doing?" I asked softly

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:38 am

Inque
"Not....Not great today..." My eyes wander back to her as she finally looks away from my. "I'm..." I start and then she starts giggling as she draws, the nightmares laughing with her. I tense, curling up on the bed. "I'm...seeing myself..." Not really true, it was me at eight, but same difference, right? Only...I didn't give a damn on how I used my powers, what I drew.

Black&White

View user profile http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:39 am

Spades
"What kind of you?" I figured she'd know what I meant, because she obviously wasn't just seeing like, a mirror reflection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:45 am

Inque
"Me...eight..." I breathe out slightly panicked. "She hasn't done anything yet...but I don't know if she can use my power..." Can this be the worst now? I hated how this stupid poison kept proving me wrong.

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:47 am

Spades
"It's just an illusion, Inque" I said softly "It's not real, as long as the real /you/ doesn't draw anything, you should be fine"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:53 am

Inque
This is Spades, talking to me here... I look back up at her trying to ignore her. "I - I'm...sorry," I speak hushed, so quietly before burying my head in my knees, shaking afraid.

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:55 am

Spades
"Why are you sorry?" I glanced around, realizing that this is where /I/ should have ended up, too. How did I manage to avoid it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:02 am

Inque
"Everything," i mumble, covering my head with my arms. "Making you face the Joker again, almost killing Nightwing, making you see your mom again, and tricking you..."
The sound of a pencil snapping is loud in the room. I glance above my arms a moment to see her staring at me, her smile staying but her eyes growing annoyed.

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:05 am

Spades
"It's okay, I understand. Trust me" I sighed, running a hand through my hair "I mean, you've heard what I did as a villain. But things can change, Inque, so can people."

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:11 am

Inque
I nod tensely.
"What? You think you can?" She finally speaks. The nightmares go quiet. How long has it been since I last heard silence? It's unnerving. "You're not sorry," she giggles out. "You still think of her as a puzzle. A play thing."
I don't want to start talking to people who aren't there. "Is it...Is it hard to change?"

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:19 am

Spades
"I'm not going to lie to you, but yes. It's hard, personally one of the hardest things I've ever done. But it's also worth it." I smiled slightly

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:27 am

Inque
"But you don't like me..." I murmur. I clamp my eyes shut. Maybe this is just all another illusion. Would Spades be so nice to me, really? So accepting? I /need/ physical proof.

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:29 am

Spades
"No, not really." I said bluntly "But I understand you, plus I know somebody that /does/ like you, a lot" I glanced back at the door, which Robin had left through at the start of our conversation "And I've grown up quite a bit, too. Learned to let go of grudges"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:36 am

Inque
I give a small smile, slowly uncurling from my ball on the bed. "I'm like you huh?" I say with a dry laugh. "Look where we ended up..." I keep my eyes closed to avoid seeing her again, my hands in tight fists. I feel my nails biting into my palms. Something physical...

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:38 am

Spades
I sighed slightly, running a hand through my hair "Yea. And if /I/ can change, I think /you/ can, too"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:50 am

Inque
I open my eyes, looking to the ground. "How long has it been, Spades?" I ask quietly. "And the doctors haven't found anything..." The nightmares aren't fading anytime soon, it seems. How can I possibly change like this?

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Quinn
Back in the ol' Asylum, seeing the world from inside the bars now. And there's little chickadee, looking all depressed as always. "Maybe you're the one who needs the happy pill," i say with a grin.

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:05 pm

Batgirl
Darn, this was a tough code to crack. I sigh, staring up at the computer screen, the computer trying once again to map out the chemical index of whatever was in Inque. How the hell can a madman come up with all of this? It was...insane!
"Anything yet?" I look over at Nightwing. He gives a small smile, giving me a cup of coffee.
"Trying for something," i say again. I didn't want to say 'nothing'. This past month has been very down in the dumps. It was hard seeing Tim like that, usually such a fighter. Spades and Nightwing had been coming up pretty much every week to help out. Speaking of which... "Where's Spades?"
"Talking with Inque," he says, studying what the computer had come up with. Another link in the chain, but not the whole thing. "Is she alright?"
It was funny to hear. With all the junk that she pulled on the two of them... "I suppose as good as she's going to be." He nods quietly.
Batman is there again, though I don't remember him ever entering. He looks over the new compound carefully. "Looks familiar, in a way," he murmurs.
"Well, it is based off of his Joker Poison," Dick points out.
"Not just that." He types, his eyes narrowed as he's visualizing the problem, carefully calculating. "To see nightmares..."
"You're making my head hurt, Bats, just say it," i sigh, looking over at the screen.
The computer beeps, the compound finishes and flashes up on the computer. "That's more Scarecrow's signature. The Joker mixed them, it was just disguised." The two separates, and there's the familiar Joker Poison and Scarecrow gas make up.

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:07 pm

oooooOOOOOOooooo! I is smart....amazing what a bored mind can come up with....

*sigh*

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:20 pm

monologuing........

Nightwing
I stare at it a while. "So we just mix the two cures?"
"Not that simple," Batman says.
Babs crossed her arms, leaning back in the chair and sipping her coffee. "Is anything that simple when it comes to the Joker?" She mumbles into her cup.
"Well, we know the chemical makeup now. It should at least be easier," I say, typing a few things in after Bats. It feels normal to be around him again, which is good. I'd hate to have that awkward feeling between us forever. "Cancel out most of the compound and it simply turns into usable elements."
"The body should have been able to do that naturally in this time period," Bat points out. "Tim says that Inque hasn't been seeing any improvements."
"So there's something protecting it," Batgirl concludes. "Or making it last longer than usual."
I sigh. "That part of it isn't in either of it." I point out a strand of the chemical. "We only need to worry about canceling out that part and then she'll naturally fight the rest."
Batman pauses, thinking it through, before nodding. "I'll work on it more. If you're right, the cure should be ready tomorrow."
Pulling another all nighter then, Bats? I stand straight, watching him silently before nodding. He really doesn't like seeing Tim like this then.

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:15 am

Spades
"They will, Inque. Between all the doctors, and heroes working on this, they will." I said softly but firmly "For you and Tim both"

Robin
I looked around and saw Quinn with a stupid grin "Oh, shut up" I muttered, crossing my arms

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:32 am

Inque
I simply nod, fidgeting. I fidget quite a lot now, I notice. The scars and cuts of my hands protesting.
"They aren't," she whispers from the corner.
I close my eyes and try to breathe calmly. "For Tim?"
"Perhaps I'll try and kill him, like you did with Nightwing," she says with a smile.
Shut up. I curl up again, covering my ears.
"I won't go away so easy, Inque," she says, her voice tinted with sick amusement.

Quinn
"Wut? Haven't figured it out yet?" I giggle. "Mr Jay worked long and hard on that one. Did she go insane yet? I hear her sometimes. Laughing, crying, screaming... Though I wouldn't imagine this place is very good for her powers either. Seeing all of /our/ nightmares too." I burst out laughing.

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:40 am

Spades
"Yes, for Tim to. Everybody sees how worried he is, even if not everybody knows what he's worried about." I said, watching her carefully "Humming used to help me with the nightmares, though I can't imagine what you're going through. It might still help a little, though. Just a thought" Sometimes I would wake up screaming, and immiditately starting humming to myself. It might have been funny if I wasn't so terrified at the time

Robin
I glared at her with more firey anger then I ever knew I had "I said shut up!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:53 am

Inque
"Can't I go yet?" I ask quietly. "Don't like it. I don't want to stay anymore. Their nightmares...and I can't get them out. They aren't mine but they all haunt me."

Quinn
I pause and smile. "oooh, little chickadee's angry. What do you know about Inque, really? I've seen her do some pretty horrible things. Shot Spades, even. Almost killed Nightwing. They tell you those things about her?"

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:06 am

Spades
"I'll ask the doctors" But I really doubted it. She seemed to... unstable. I did feel sorry for her, though.

Robin
My eyes betrayed a sliver of shock. I knew she had done bad things, but shot Spades? Almost killed Nightwing? "It doesn't matter, she's getting better now"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top