DC/Marvel Fun!

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DC/Marvel Fun!

Post by Black&White on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:24 am

Chelsea
My back is still to him, my hands fidgeting. A habit from the nightmares, from when I feared not being able to draw. "My fault, my bloody fault... And I said I - I'd...be there for you but I can't do anything to help like this..." I take a breath, trying to be calm about it. "I want to help though..."

Black&White

View user profile http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:31 am

Tim:
"How is it your fault?" I asked gently "That's absurd. None of it is your fault." I picked my cane just enough off the ground so it wouldn't click as I started walking to her again, so I wouldn't lean on it. Trying to look strong for her. I stumbled after a few steps, though, and went back to using it. Then I put my other hand gently on her shoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:42 am

Chelsea
It was entirely way too hard not to lean into him, hide my face into his chest like a child. No leaning, not yet. I dont really move, not sure what to do with myself if not hide. So I keep staring at my hands, picking at my light scars from the imaginary cuts that I'd make bleed, not realizing what might have been reality.
Weak, stupid girl...
"Had to go on and accept the plan to kill him... Just watched him beat the bastard, had my clone stay with him to the end just to spite him. And then, sure, bring him back...why not?!" I whisper harshly at my hands, my eyebrows knitting together angrily.

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:02 am

so...um... inthenearfuture~ (godwereallyneedtostopjumpingaroundsceneslikethisandgetbacktoanicedaybydayflow.... >.> )

NW
I run a hand through my hair again, fidget with the boutonniere on my jacket to make sure its straight - for how many number of times, I'm not sure, fix my jacket's cuffs, straighten my dress shirt....

This was stupid, you're nervous about /being/ with the girl you've /been/ with for seven years! Getting married just....made it all the more concrete.... so WHY the hell was I so nervous?!

Enough of this, I couldn't stand being in a room just /waiting/... The mansion was big enough that I could walk without running into Beth and 'murdering tradition', as Cissie so aptly put it as she came and picked her up yesterday to sleep at the mountain for the night. That girl was serious about her wedding planning... I step out, let a breath out, pick a direction and just walk.

There's a door and I open it, going through to the back balcony and breathe the warm air deeply. A sound to my right, I look over quickly and spot Inque....not Inque anymore, Chelsea. Batgirl, if Babs would be able to have her crazyness. Her blonde hair was up out of her face, a small black lily weaved in, with a simple aqua sundress, the light material flowing after her movements. She looks back at me a second, red eyes piercing, her face her usual blankness, holding open another door to the balcony before looking away shyly and disappearing through the door.

I glance down, notice my hands fisted... Couldn't get over it.... Didn't really want to. Almost killing me when we were younger....that...didn't strike such a cord with me... But I couldn't shake the image of Beth nearly killing herself.

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:39 am

Elizabeth
For now, I was just trying to remember how to breathe. In and out. In and out. Eyes fixed ahead to an invisible point, a perfect curl falling in the corner of my vision. Much... nicer than I was used to my hair looking. But for... wedd...in..gs...

In and out, Beth...

Needed to distract myself with something, just... get my mind off my nerves. I fidgeted with the engagement ring on my finger, taking care not to screw up my nail polish. The nail polish that's there for the wedding. Geez, I really wasn't good at this self distraction today.

Inandout

Fine then, if I couldn't distract myself from it, I'll just... calm down myself about it. Think about how amazing it will be. Being... /married/. Married to Richie, being Elizabeth Grayson... I closed my eyes and imagined him when I walk down the isle. When we become bonded, till death do us part. The ex-sidekick of the Joker and the ex-sidekick of Batman. A slow, small smile crept across my face.

As I calmed down I stopped fidgeting, which Cissie probably appreciated as she helped fix up my dress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:50 am

Cissie
I glance up with a playful smile, making sure the dress settled just to before leaving it be and moving out of the way of the mirror. "You're beautiful, Miss Green, the way a queen should look on her day of bliss," I say, officially but also lightly joking. "Glad to see you're nerves aren't so bad."

(You had said you had a picture?)

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:02 am

Spades
Heh. Miss Green. Won't be hearing that for long. I nodded slightly, my smile remaining "Thanks, Ciss..." I said softly, before raising my eyes to the mirror. To be honest, I almost didn't quite look like myself. Hair too neat, curls elegant instead of wild... even my pale skin looked a little less so under influence of whatever makeup she put on me. The eyes were the same, though, my reflection looking back with a strange, subtle intensity.

And then there was the dress, of course. I looked at it for a moment before carefully touching my fingertips to a piece of the soft fabric, on my side.

"I've been calming down, also, but it's still a little overwhelming, you know?" A slight, shaky laugh as I look over at her again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Cissie
I laugh too, straightening my own dress out a moment and picking up our bouquets. "I'm afraid, Lizzie, this is one experience I have not had," I point out, quite literally, showing off my ringless left hand.

I offer her flowers to her and fix a stray piece of hair, all pulled back in a neat bun. "But that's okay, hm? Could have seen this coming a mile away, even without my heightened vision. You'll do great, and it'll take like...Armageddon to interrupt this party. Barbra said Bats had put the /League/ on security or something." I give an jesting eyeroll and a reassuring smile.

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:04 am

Spades
"Well... the way parties seem to attract all sorts of... er... fun, so you never know" I said with a tiny giggle, partly just from nerves as I took the flowers "Maybe we shouldn't jinx it" I give a slight pause and a tiny smile "And thanks for everything, Ciss"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:17 am

Cissie
"Mehhh, I didn't do anythingggg... Helped pick out a dress, had a typical girl's sleepover-makeover party last night....nothing extremely special," i giggle out, blushing and hiding in my bangs. "But no thanks needed. Of course I'd do this for you. As a Maid of Honor and as a friend."

I take her hand, guide her along to the door. "Don't want to be late to your own wedding though. I hear rumors of cold feet from Roy" - pFF, yeahright... But of course Bruce is already there on the other side, waiting with an amused smile. Which, still....how does billionaire playboy batchelor turn to serious and dark bat of the night, i will never be able to understand...

"Ready to go?" He asks, looking behind me after a moment to Spades.

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:47 am

soooooooo............ Thinking of some guy for this, who was a villain.... and then trying to get away from Batman.... *pop* Pied Piper. ....lulwut....

and then....stuff happened... ._. with this song on repeat for about two hours or so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOR2VzDZFM&feature=BFa&list=PLD086F04E8513CDBA&lf=mh_lolz

I try not to let it bother me. Oracle had said okay. It was…okay then… But still, it felt…odd… Tim was gone though, off to Europe because of Batty’s paranoia. Horrible moment. Bad. Didn’t want to remember. Go away.

Don’t go. Don’t make me let go… Wanted to just…freeze there in the airport…

And me. Batty still didn’t wanted me trained, but then I was just being a mooch here, steadily getting more bored as time went on. Kept…thinking… Wouldn’t be so hard now, would it? No more bracelet…Could just run away again…

No. Stop it. Bad, go away.

Oracle didn’t much care what Batty thought. She had…an unusual amount of faith in me. No matter how many times I told her I wasn’t taking the damn oath, she just gave a small smile and nodded. She’s been teaching me when Bats was at JL. Takes me to Mount Justice to train with Black Canary, no matter how many times she points out Bats won’t like it. I fight with the others. Hang with the girls and laugh with the boys. I like Static, I like KF, and Jubilie, and Zatanna, and I like DD. I know blindness; I admire his positiveness of it. He’s been trying to teach us too.

I introduce myself as Batgirl. Babs would like it if I filled her role. I guess it all makes it unavoidable for Bats to accept. She’s stubborn that way. Was always stubborn… The Bat Family seemed to always have that in common. Always, even if it was the end…

…Stop that!

They don’t know of Inque though. My past, even if I had been imprisoned… even if most of my treatment was here. …And…it’s odd… I’ve gotten into the habit of calling them ‘friends’, which… It was new for me. I mean…I wasn’t completely antisocial for seven years…

“You’re distracted.”

“No, I’m just thinking,” I say, looking away with a smile.

I miss Tim. How much longer… Batty had been gone for years, Tim’s not staying away that long. It wasn’t an ‘if’, he was coming back or I was going to Europe after him.

“Hmmm?” There’s a tone of amusement. The hand on my shoulder traces small circles with a finger. I give a small pout and lean into the owner more, watching the club’s activities. People dancing to the music as wanted criminals chilled in the corner over here.

…Did I still qualify in that group?

How’d I even get here…

Oracle took the bracelet off, smiled up at me. “I trust you too, Chelse,” she told me, holding my hand. I simply give a weak smile back, though my face largely remains impassive. How…exactly…should I react to that?

I’ve been having a lot of those moments recently…

She’s afraid she’s being hypocritical. She didn’t like Spades, and now she’s encouraging my ‘switch’. She’s trying to make up for those mistakes.

So I blurted the first thing to come to my mind.

“Can I go?” I asked, itching to get out. Go somewhere else. Do something on my own. Have that freedom I had fending for myself before. I didn’t like this lavishness of the mansion. I didn’t like the sense of pretending at the mountain. Just… out. Anywhere.
So maybe my voice is just a little bit too desperate. She puts something else on my wrist, keeping her face carefully calculated. “Only in case of emergencies,” she mumbles, and I look down to see a communicator in the place of the house arrest bracelet. I stare at it, look back up at her, before going to costume up, taking Tim’s motorcycle out. Just so I wouldn’t be pulled over by some idiot cop for underage driving, because having a mask on makes that so much better…

And I left without another word. She just watched without protest.

I trust you too.

I felt…in shock…slightly…? Antsy. Just…needed something to do. Somewhere to go. Get my mind off things. Being in this costume, the emptiness of the mansion, Oracle’s kind smile, people’s fears… They needed to just go away. Needed a clear head.

So…The warehouse… It wasn’t a place for that. Just needed to get rid of that part of myself though. Part of clearing my head. I stand in the back office, looking at all of the penned drawings… At Spades’ nightmare scenario, at the miscellaneous animals or monsters, the various versions of my clones… I wasn’t Inque anymore. I didn’t hold these things so near and dear as I had. Yet I look at myself… I still didn’t like Chelsea so much, and I was not Batgirl.

I watch it all burn in the fifty gallon barrel. Page after page, carefully, looking at each before throwing it into the consuming yellow and orange swirls… Wasn’t so crazy to burn down the entire place like Spades…

But I save a few, I admit. Fold them neatly and put them away in the larger pocketed legband. Though I pause when going through the cabinets, spotting my old clothes.

It’s spontaneous. I change quick, putting Batgirl away in my old backpack. It wasn’t so far away so I walk, leaving the motorcycle to pick up after. Making my way downtown, headed to familiar lands that I have not been to in nearly six months…

I fish through my backpack now, careful not to open the top too much so as to reveal Batgirl to him. He peaks over at me curiously past his green goggles, though doesn’t move closer to inspect what I’m doing. He’s always been lax like that. I hand a few of my drawings to him.

He raises an eyebrow as he inspects them, a slight smile coming across his face. “Sampson…”

“Quite,” I tell him, settling back next to him. Keeping my face blank but for a slight amusement, like I used to have. He just eyes me, pleasure plain on his face. “Don’t give me that, Piper. It’s your fault…”

“A few messages and – ”

“Nah, your fault,” I say pointedly, waggling a finger at him narrow eyed. I glance at his pocket beneath his dark green cloak. “And now you’re into mice…”

“Rat,” he corrects, sounding slightly offended, fishing out a little creature with wide black bead eyes and brown fur, a furless rope tail from the pocket. “They’ll be coming to deliver messages next…”

“Not possible,” I sigh out slightly, tickling the little rodent’s stomach slightly with a smile. “I’ve moved. Why I’ve been away so long.”

“Hmm…Rumors have been going around…” But he doesn’t go on to explain them, instead putting the sleepy critter back into his pocket.

“You have the oddest infatuations, Mr. Rathaway-Pied-Piper. Might want to get your sanity checked out, hanging with a bunch of plague carrying beasties…”

“Ohhh, you’re one to talk, Miss Jester…”

I glare at him slightly before looking away. Well, one thing in this act hasn’t changed. Didn’t like that name, and he knows it. “Inque,” I mumble, my face going blank again. No, not Inque…

He studies me again, waving a dismissing hand. “Alright, alright. Sorry…” I glance back at him, settling close again and he puts an arm around me.

“Better?”

I nod and he smirks, kissing my temple for a lingering moment. He was older, older than Tim, but not my much. The contact makes me close my eyes to hide my emotions, makes my breath catch oh so subtly. There’s an aching stab of longing that goes through me… I nudge him slightly with a small smile, he chuckles and I can feel his breath on my forehead, very close to me.

Wasn’t antisocial, and certainly wasn’t sheltered from this sort of stuff with the life I led. But even if I never actually recognized anyone as a friend didn’t mean they stayed at the ‘acquaintance’ level of things.

I sigh, frown up at him. “Why do you do that…”

“Hmmm?” He murmurs again, playing innocent.

I roll my eyes. “You’re ridiculous…” Which awards me with a peck to the forehead.
“And you’re too serious. You’d think you’d learn differently around your boss.” He shrugs it off.

Mmm…I guess the change of ‘boss’ was fitting then…

I lean into him, putting on a playful smile. “Really?” …Tim would totally freak right about now. Which made this rather…interesting, if I really wanted to pretend this him. Because missing him was getting to be too much. Making me too antsy. Made being at the mansion complete torture. Hated sitting around now a days, when before I would be fine with hiding in any nook and cranny that would give me some alone time for a little while.

He’s always been gentle though. He smiles back. “You’re ridiculous too, I hope you know…”

Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42

View previous topic View next topic Back to top