Romance Challenge #1

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Romance Challenge #1

Post by ßøn∑z on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Snoopy: I cracked the can, hearing the sweet pop-and-hiss, a cloud of cold air rushing up from the top, letting me peer into the black, fizzy drink.
I brought the metal to my lips, it burned as it trailed down my throat.
Ahhh...
I set it down and grinned.
"So, Cookie, right? Tell me more about . . . Marilyn?" I said, as if I hadn't memorized the name.
I hoped I didn't sound too serious. I kept my tone light, but old ladies like her knew everything.
ßøn∑z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:14 pm

"Oh, you know," Cookie waved off the question. "She's just the boss, sort of has a thing with the real boss, blah blah." She mashed some meat into balls.

^sounds so dirty >.>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Isabel: I roll my eyes. I shouldn't have worried about being rude, because this boy is as well. He also has black hair sheared short, and dark, dark skin. "Well, of course you're tired. I am too. You woke me up! But what's. Your. Name?" I pronounce each word slowly, as if the boy's an idiot, even though I know he isn't. Still, I'm angry. Honestly, who is he to be complaining about being tired? He's the one who woke me up! Not that I was exactly asleep, but still. I was drifting off to sleep! Ugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Dezzy: "Sorry. Whatever. Call me Dez," I grouch.
She seems just as moody as me. Maybe she was sleeping, I hadn't noticed. I'd barely noticed the girl's eyes, for crying out loud. Who cared about beauty, when I was so ugly it was hopeless?
"OK, is it just me, or is this place way too bright? It gives me headaches," I pipe in, deciding to settle in for a conversation.

Snoopy: Hmm, not vague enough. I need details, women, details! If I want to be a good enough spy, I'll need to know a good background on the girl, find out where she's at . . .
"And who is the real boss, then? I'm just curious, I like to know all about people," I remember to add more of that silly accent.
ßøn∑z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:37 pm

"Mr. Datch," Cookie answered. She looked over at him as she began to put the meatballs on a tray to cook. "Why so curious, kid?"

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Snoopy: "People call me Snoopy, I guess that's why. It's just so new and weird here in America!" I gasp, like I haven't lived in this stupid country all my life. It had too many privacy laws. A place like Australia would suit my lifestyle more.
"If you want me to stop asking you things, you can just ask."
I turn my gaze over to the boy. He's now talking to the girl, and he looks . . . Weird. What a freak. More than me, really.
"Who's that kid?" I whisper to her.
ßøn∑z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:47 pm

"Well, Snoopy, I see you like to play around with accents." Cookie was super insightful, and had known the whole time that he was faking. "And that is Dezzy. He's...the no-egg kid."

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:54 pm

Snoopy: "Well, my parents both talked different, I get confused sometimes," I say, the lie coming out choppy.
Quick, cover it!
"I didn't think it was possible to be allergic to eggs. And if he was, wasn't he be allergic to a lot more things?" I stumble out.
My eyes look at the pot of water.
"Look! The water, it's boiling over!" I cry, thankful I'd distracted her so it would come back in my favor.
ßøn∑z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:00 pm

Cookie glanced over, but it wasn't boiling over...She arched an eyebrow at him. "You're a curious little thing."

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:03 pm

Snoopy: She was suspicious of me already. This old lady was not as loose-lipped as I'd thought, and she was sorta smart.
I guess my game was off right now. I wasn't good at getting information from people, they weren't always reliable sources, but better at seeing it with my own eyes, secretly.
"I know," I say a bit too harshly, my accent curving into anger.
Looking away, I feel angry. Like I want to temper-tantrum. Not here, only at home.
"Whatever. I want my food soon," I say grouchily, cranky because now this was hopeless.
ßøn∑z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:13 am

Isabel: "Alright, Dez. I'm Isabel. Uh, sorry I was being mean to you and all..." And I am sorry, because this guy is starting to seem nicer. I sink back into the couch, and I have to say, I agree with Dez. This room is bright. "Yeah," I concur, "It's bright alright....ha, that rhymed....um, but yeah, it's bright. I have a headache too." Then, on second thought, I add, "Do you want to go upstairs or something? It might be dimmer there..."

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:02 am

Dezzy: I sunk deeper into the sofa.
"No. I like it here," I grunt, suddenly defensive.
I look at her lazily through eyes half closed, "I've got a headache too. I dont think it will go away any time this stupid summer!"
ßøn∑z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:57 pm

Isabel: I cross my arms, strangely frustrated with this boy (although I have no idea why). I raise my eyebrows, "I thought you said the lights were too bright?" I hope that none of my irritation has seeped into my voice. I'm still in a bad mood. I'm still tired. I'm still hungry. The light is hurting my eyes. I too have a headache. "Well, that sucks," I say, "I have a headache as well. If you won't come upstairs with me, would you like to come with me to the kitchen. I'm starved, and I want to see if there are any more cookies in there....although I know there will be a Cookie." I chuckle at my own [lame] joke.

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Dezzy: Narrowing my bushy eyebrows, I bunch up my lips and wrinkle my nose. I catch my reflection in a mirror above the fireplace.
Why am I so ugly? I'm hideous. Ugly, that's what I am. An ugly fake boy, and an ugly real girl.
My face scrunches up tighter.
"I don't care. I told you I'm comfortable. I've got a bone condition and I need my rest, alright?" I bark, and the lie comes out very believable.
"I don't want food, either. I just finished Kemo and now I'm never hungry," I add grouchily.
ßøn∑z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Isabel: I crouch away from Dezzy. He's angry now. He's moody. One second, he seems nicer, and the next second, he's snapping at me, and his face is clouded over. Well, he has just finished chemo. I suppose he's upset because of that. "Alright, alright," I say, "I'm sorry. Calm down, alright? No need to get mad at me?" I get up, stretch, and rub my eyes. "Well, I'm getting a cookie. I'm starved. See ya, I guess."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Back to top