Awesome!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Romance Challenge #1

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:09 pm

NOTICE: This chat will officially start at :30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:36 pm

(YES. We're starting! Very Happy Also, for d, you said we only needed to include an extra of one of them right? We don't need to use A, B, and C twice, right? We can just use one of them twice? Sorry, I'm confused...)

Isabel: I look around the sunny, Californian vineyard, and I really don't want to be here. I just don't understand why Daddy had to make me and my brother move here. What's the point? I was perfectly happy at home in NYC. I flick my long, brown bangs out of my eyes, and then call to Michael, "Michael, c'mon! Let's get to the house. Quit staring at the landscape."

Michael: Well, the vineyard will be nice to draw, I suppose. That's the upside. And, I won't have to be with Dad. Hate Dad. I turn at Isabel's voice. "Yeah, I'm coming. Hold on." But before I walk up to the house with Isabel, I quickly sketch part of the property (the part that I can see...it's huge!) Then, I run to catch up to Isabel, flipping my brown, shaggy hair out of my eyes in the process.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:40 pm

"Oh, they'll all be here in just moments!" Cookie said in her singsong voice as she happily danced around the kitchen. Well, it was more of wobbling, considering her slightly lumpy form. "Just think, my nephew, Jason will be here! I haven't seen him in years!"

Marnie rolled her eyes and took a bite of a cookie that Cookie - haha - had laid out herself. "I thought you weren't cooking anymore," Marnie pointed out, always the pessimist. Her dainty little lips were in a pout. Marnie wasn't looking forward to these visitors, wasn't looking forward at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Jason
"Thanks for the ride, Mom." Not really. Didn't even let me drive my own car here, so i had no hope of ever escaping to a friend's.
"Be sure to call!"
"Yeah," I say, going around to the trunk and getting my bags. As in never.
"Have fun, kiddo," the step dad calls from the passenger seat, giving an obnoxious grin. They drive off without another word. And you wonder why I don't like it with the two of you, Mom...

Carolyn
I drive up and glance about, parking and getting out. I stretch, running a hand through my reddish hair. "Moxie, you coming, cat?" She jumps out from the backseat and looks about curiously. I smile and kneel down, running a hand down her back. "This is our home for the summer, Mox. Be sure to be polite." She meows and i smile, going to the back door to get my bags.
Black&White

View user profile http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Rigel: My cab pulled up to the front of the house and I sighed in disdain. It was so different from my house, the smell of peanut butter and jelly always in the air. "Thank you, sir," I said, handing the cabby my money. I pursed my pale lips and started up the drive.

Bishop: My back was starting to hurt, but that was usual working out in the vineyards. I saw a sleek black car pull up and smirked. Taxi's were getting more and more fancy. I remembered the first day I had come to work here, I was dreading this work, but not it was nice, routine. I scratched my head and bent back down to work a bit more.
Avery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Gwen: The chauffeur drove up the long, winding driveway.

"Are you sure you've got everything, Miss Gwen?" He asked in his drawling tone that all chauffeurs seem to have. I sighed and shifted my light red hair from one shoulder to the other, it was hot out, but I hated wearing it up in a ponytail.

"Yes, Chives, I have everything. Besides, what would be the point in going back if I had forgotten something? The Hamptons is across the country," I pointed out, as I looked at the gaping mansion that we were approaching. I was used to large houses, though.

"You know how I worry, Miss Gwen, you're like a daughter to me." Chives pulled up to the front doors and hopped out, popping open the trunk to get my bags. I slid out of the car, my newsprint-patterned tote bag over my shoulder.

"I could carry those," I said to him, and he gave me a 'are you kidding?' look. I knew I wasn't muscular, but I could certainly carry my own bag. I just shook my head with a sigh. "I'm not a little girl anymore."

"Yes, but - well." Chives sighed, having never been much of an arguer. He handed me my bags, and I took them with a slight sigh as I clenched my teeth and shuffled to the door with them. "See you after the summer!" I called, and the chauffeur waved before retreating back down the winding driveway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Isabel: I wait impatiently for Michael to catch up with me. I'm very impatient, and on top of being impatient, I am currently grumpy and irritable. It's hot out, and I'm carrying a huge suitcase. "Michael, will you hurry up? Geez. These people are probably waiting inside, ya know." I quickly adjust the straps on my backpack, and then think about how much Michael looks like me, and like Daddy: the same brown hair, the same brown eyes. It's eery.

Michael: I'm next to Isabel and, I'll admit, I cower (call me a scaredy cat. Fine.). She's angry, and I hate when she is. "Uh, yeah. Sorry...I just.....well, it's so beautiful here!" And it really is beautiful. The lush, green vineyard, the house, all breathtaking. "So," I say, "Should we go inside?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:52 pm

Cookie heard the sound of tires of gravel and went to the door, clasping her hands together. "Welcome everyone! I have cookies inside!" She called, a beam on her face.

Marnie crossed her eyes and slid off her counter stool. She had to be nice to these people, right? They were her fathers' associates, even if they were just visiting. Marnie fixed her black patent leather headband, and flattened her gray linen skirt before going out and standing next to Cookie.

They made an odd pair: the 11-year-old shrimpy, somewhat-depressed looking little girl, and the jolly cook.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:57 pm

(Sorry, I typed in first again D: NOW, I'll type in third, because I know I'm supposed to...)

Isabel sees Cookie (although she doesn't know that that is her name, of course.), and assumes that Cookie is part of the staff at the vineyard. Perhaps she can think of a prank to play on her? Then, her eyes waver to Marnie. "Huh, talk about a happy camper," Isabel whispers to her brother sarcastically. Because really, Marnie looks like she's about to go to a funeral, and it depresses Isabel. Isabel is surprised to find that she's nervous, she usually isn't, and she quickly grabs hold of her brother's hand.

Michael chuckles at his sister's comment, and then grins when he hears that cookies are made. He loves cookies. But he doesn't say that. Instead, because he wants to be polite, he introduces himself (and quietly, because he is a shy person). "Hello, I'm Michael," he says. "What're your names?" He gives his sister's hand a squeeze.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Rigel: I stuffed my small hands into my pocket and stared ahead when I got toward the building. It was giant... Very rustic looking. My small apartment started to fade in my mind as I got more excited. I spotted two people outside and smiled carefully. "Hi," I said. Just then, an older woman came outside and called us in. I grinned a little bit and meshed with the group to get in.

Bishop: I finished working in the vineyard and wiped away the shiny beads of sweat that formed on my brow. When I walked out of the garden, I nearly fell, tripping on a wire that held some of the rods up. I could already feel the air conditionaing of the big building blowing on my skin by the time I reached the door. Cookie was letting people in by the time I had turned around, looking at them all in the doorway. My stomach driopped in embarrassment, here covered in sweat.
Avery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Actually Louie, you're supposed to type in 1st...

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Jason
I turn and force a small smile on my face as i approach the door. "Hey, Aunt C," i say, not really sure on how else to continue. Sure she was family, but i hadn't seen her in a while.

Carolyn
"Plenty of space here, Mox. Not like the apartment," I say, shouldering my backpack and closing my car door. I smile and skip along to the door, Moxie right behind me. Some very interesting people were milling about.
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Savannah leaned forward in her seat as her driver pulled up the drive to the vineyard and a smile crept onto her small face. She was so excited to be here and to be away from her obnoxious father and his new wife, who would not last long, maybe a year. The car slowly came to a stop and she climbed out, grabbing her messenger bag and notebook as she did. Her driver placed her luggage beside her and stood there.
Savannah looked at him and smiled sweetly. "Thank you so much for the ride."
He look at her through his dark sunglasses and she saw a smile form on his dark tan skin and cause more lines to form on his already worn face. "You're welcome, miss, but I must be going now. Would you want help with your bags?"
Savannah kindly shook her head and he turned and left.
Savannah remembered reading about this vineyard in her mother's journal and had always dreamed of coming here and finally had talked her over-protective father into letting her come.

Xander drove the beat-up truck he owned down the long driveway and came to a stop. He wasn't over excited to be here, but he knew it would be a good experience and he needed a break from his bakery and a chance to perfect his recipes. Xander grabbed the few bags he had and made his way to the massive house in front of him, somewhat eager to explore it and meet the others.
He was glancing at the house and almost hit a girl in front of him. "I'm sorry, Miss, I should really watch where I'm going."
The girl looked at him and smiled sweetly, her eyes shining. "It's okay. I'm Savannah." She said and held out her hand.
Xander shook her hand. "I'm Xander, would you like help?"
She smiled and nodded and both made their way slowly to the front door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Gwen: I dragged behind the others, weighted down my bags. Good thing I hadn't worn my pumps. This morning I had considered it, thinking that they'd give me good luck making friends, but had decided against it. We were supposed to take a tour of the vineyard, and high heels would be no good for that. Everyone looked to be about my age...though I could only see the backs of their heads.

Cookie shook hands with Michael and Isabel. "Nice to meet you - JASON!" She cried out, wrapping him in a tight hug and kissing both of his cheeks. She was like an over-large teddy bear, and her hugs were lung-crushers. Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration. Her kisses left red lip marks behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:06 pm

(Oh, I thought you said in the chat I should type in 3rd? Awk. Sorry, I keep on messing up D:)

Isabel: I turn when I see that other people have also arrived. Huh, so apparently this kid's a nephew of this woman, who I can only assume is the cook, considering she's baked cookies. I follow Michael's example at introducing myself. Smiling, I say, "Hi, I'm Isabel. Our father sent us here. He's a business associate of the guy who owns this place, or something." I flush when I realize nobody's actually listening---the large woman is now hugging her nephew. Oh, I really don't want to be here. It is a nice place though. Nice and sunny. Even if it isn't like NYC. Not at all.

Michael: I'm startled when I hear other people from behind me, and now I feel stupid for being startled. After all, of course my sister and I aren't the only ones staying here. This place is huge---my dad told me there were 16 rooms. I shudder at the thought of my dad. I have resolved not to think about him. I just can't stand the guy, even if he is my father. My stomach grumbles, and I'm embarassed. "So, you mentioned cookies?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:08 pm

(No, you're fine Louie Smile)

Marnie realized Cookie wouldn't be responding, preoccupied with Jason. She sighed and stood from the porch swing she'd sat down on, nodding at the guy who had asked about cookies. "I'll show you where they're at," She said coolly. Marnie already didn't like these people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Jason
Like i need any more embarrasments, but still, I chuckle and hug her back. "Nice to see you too, Aunt C." God, her hugs were as crushing as i remember...

Carolyn
I put my duffel bag over my shoulder and join the group at the door. "Mox, come on." She jumps up and i cradle her, not wanting to loose her in this mess. Who knows where she'd run off to if she got freaked.
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Bishop: I hurried down the hall, which were all a varying shad of beige and peach, to my room. My dark hair fell into my eyes and brushed it away quickly. Once I was at my door, I tried the knob. "Shit," I muttered under my breath. I patted my chest and then my pants, finding my key and running into my room, changing into normal clothes.

Rigel: Everyone got cookies and I smiled, nibbling mine slowly. Both of my pale shoulders were exposed from my mothers ripped up band t-shirt. Well, for the exception of a few blonde hairs. The cookies are good, I smiled to myself.
Avery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:14 pm

Michael: I look over at the girl who my sister had referred to as a "happy camper." "Oh, cool, thanks," I say. Wow, not only does she look glum, but she doesn't exactly have a cheery disposition either. I'm not sure if I'll be making friends with her. "So, uh, what's your name?"

Isabel: I stand on my heels, looking for someone to talk to, because it seems Michael values cookies over me. Awesome. I spot a guy and a girl walking in, and realize that one of them is probably the owner of the beat-up truck outside. It's a pretty cool looking truck. Kinda vintage-y. And definitely not something that my dad would ever let me drive. I decide to walk over to them. "Hey," I say, "How goes it?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:14 pm

"I said rose; that means not cherry, and most definitely not wine!...Yes, this is a vineyard, but we don't have to make everything into an effing novelty! Do you have any sense of class?" Marilyn chewed out the coordinator on the other end of the line, who was helping with the first big event to be held at the Dutch Vineyard this summer. A wine-tasting, to help raise funds. Although with Marilyn's penny-pinching ways, they had plenty funds.

Although when it came to her wardrobe, Ms. Marchese seemed to forget about financing. And who was she to talk about class? Today, Marilyn wore a white, cotton sundress, to match her nearly white-blonde hair, with bright red lipstick. And don't forget the engine-red stilettos.

"NUMBER 29!" She bellowed, the slight hoarseness from her smoking-habits showing through. A worker hurriedly brought her the 29th golf cart, and she hopped in, stepping on the gas, still yelling at the coordinator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:17 pm

"How ya been little Jay Jay?" Cookie crooned, setting down her unfortunate nephew. Unfortunate in the embarrassment that he must feel, that is. She pinched his cheek. "Looking as handsome as always!" He looked just like Cookie's sister, Jason's mother.

Gwen: I managed to get my bags up the short steps to the front door, only to face the barrier of the reuniting people. Little Jay Jay and Aunt C, that's what I decided their names were. Well, the seemed to have no other names, that I had heard. What a peculiar name - Little Jay Jay. "Excuse me," I mumbled, throwing "Little JayJay" a sympathetic smile as I made my way into the house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:20 pm

"Marnie Datch - and yes, before you ask: I'm the daughter of Mr. Datch, the owner of Datch Vineyards. And once again, before you ask, no - it's not cool to have a somewhat rich and famous father. Good day," Marnie left no room for conversation, and just grabbed two cookies then went to the back sliding glass door. She nudged it open with her foot, and went sit on the back porch, on a porch swing identical to the one on the front porch. She liked the porch swings, but she detested the outdoors.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:21 pm

Bishop: I shook out my water darkened hair and headed toward the group of visitors and smiled to myself. I passed Marilyn, who was... Erm, being Marilyn and tried to give her a pleasant smile. She had been one of the nice workers when I first arrived, though I had always though her suspicious when it came to Mr. Datch.

Rigel: I found myself wandering out of the group and looking at the room we had entered in. It was gorgeous, with gold accents and light colors, which seemed to make the whole house bright. I ran a hand through my beachy waves and looked back to the group. I should probably go talk to them, right? Yeah, probably.
Avery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Michael: I stared after Marnie, my mouth agape. Well...that was rude. Still, I can definitely relate to her on the father front. I wonder why she hates hers? He's probably like my father, considering they're friends or business associates or something. So yeah, I guess it's no wonder she doesn't like him. I grab a few cookies, and stuff one in my mouth, before climbing up the stairs. I want to find my room. The halls are various colors of beige and peach, which seems to add to the airiness of the house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top