Welcome to Nightvale: The Chat

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to Nightvale: The Chat

Post by Invisimort on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Cecil:

It was very rarely when Carlos actually offered to cook dinner, and I was actually quite excited. "Can you make those things you made... that time, the other day, you know like the guadalupes?" I truthfully had no idea what exactly he'd called them, only that they sounded very ethnic and very... wheat and wheat by product free. They'd been delicious. Whatever they were.

I slowly rebuttoned my shirt, vaguely disappointed that he hadn't wanted to touch them. Perhaps an experience for another day. Having more than two hands was probably quite enough for him...

View user profile http://invisimort.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Carlos

I blinked, slowly realizing what he wanted. "Sure," I laughed, kissing his forehead. "Anything for you."
Banshee

View user profile http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:36 pm

Cecil:

Wasn't he fantastic? He really was. Really. I mean, did you hear that, anything for me, anything for me Come ON! LIKE... That... that was so exciting. I squeaked. "Neat!" I said stupidly, still largely unable to get myself to say anything more useful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Carlos

I laughed again, grabbing his hand and leading him off toward the kitchen.
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:16 pm

A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome to Nightvale.

Good evening Listeners. As you all are probably well aware of by now, today is Thursday, despite what your calendars happen to be telling you, as Wednesday was cancelled again this week, due to irreparable scheduling conflicts that were brought about by a vague yet menacing government agency. We have been told as of two hours ago that Wednesday has been suspended until further notice, and to simply get used to having six days in a week.

John Peters, you know, the farmer, commented on the sudden change in the calendar, saying that this will certainly mess up the imaginary corn harvest, and that as a result of the missing Wednesdays it is entirely possible that we will not have any imaginary corn until June of 2065. We humbly prostrate ourselves before the vague yet menacing government agency to return our Wednesdays safe and sound, so that we will not have to spend another fifty three years without imaginary corn.

And now for a word from our sponsors. Are you standing? Are you sure you're standing? Have you ever thought that perhaps you were standing but looked down to realise that you were not? Have you ever noticed that you weren't standing while you felt like you were? Accidentally floating? Would you describe your furniture as unfulfilling, forlorn, missing, or growing extra eyes in unsavoury places? Are you growing extra eyes in unsavoury places? Are you living in an unsavoury place? Are you living? Does the air thrum with your existence, and does your wallpaper resent that fact? Come to Ikea. Where furniture will never resent you for doing what you do best.

Listeners, I would like to take this moment to discuss with you a few personal matters.  Today, the clones I'd spawned here in the station mercilessly tore apart my car. This was of course fine, as I called the Fuel n'Go and they promised speedy and ghost free repairs of the thing. What was amazing was that CARLOS, Perfect beautiful CARLOS offered to drive me home... And listeners, he came inside my house the wonderful and perfect CARLOS came inside my house and we sat down on the sofa after I got him a Tums, because lets face it, my house is a bit... ...special... with regards to people who experience geometry in the euclidean form. ANYWAY, so yes. Carlos came over and Listeners, WE KISSED. A LOT. It was fantastic and he didn't even mind wh--- [Static noises interrupt the broadcast, along with screeching noises and the sounds of morse code being punched in somehow.]

...Well listeners, that was weird.

I've just now been informed of a new governmental mandate by way of radioactive carrier pigeon. Literally, as we speak, it flew in through an open window and spontaneously combusted on my desk. Anyone in the radio station should report to the greater Nightvale medical community to check for any sign of radiation poisoning. That's oddly appropriate, Radiation poisoning from a radio station. Anyway, on with the letter. The vague yet menacing government agency has issued this letter mandating that Nightvale participate in the obligatory bi-annual random lottery of rotating citizenry. This project ensures that there is sufficient natural variation in townspeople to keep the ecosystem from stagnating, like the poor unfortunate village just inside the Bermuda triangle. We all saw what happened to those poor people. None of us remember it, none of us were alive for it, and if we were alive for it, we wouldn't be talking about it anyway. They never had a chance. Apparently. Anyway. Check your mailboxes in the upcoming days for green envelopes, red envelopes, orange envelopes, envelopes with multiple human eyes on them, thirty six feet of intestinal tract, or larvae for more information on whether or not you have been selected as a part of this wonderful survivalist experience. The towns that are active in this bi-annual trade are Scarfolk, in England... Wherever England is, I've never heard of it, Listeners, and as you all know, I have travelled... and... ---

Desert Bluffs. I'm terribly sorry dear listeners but there is a possibility that some of you will have to spend the rest of your lives living in Desert Bluffs. ...I will set up six extra bloodstone circles for you at my house, poor unfortunate listeners. Those of you who have been sentenced to Desert Bluffs will always be in our hearts. Unless we are all re-educated to forget that you ever existed. But we will try. Rest assured, we will try.

And on that melancholy note, The weather:

Dearest listeners, that is all I have for you this evening, for this evening, like every evening, must come to an end sometime, and that end is now. Good night, Nightvale, Good Night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Welcome to the best little Midlands town trapped in the endlessly repeating decade of the seventies!

Hello sweet listeners! What a week it's been, am I right? Scarfolk are the best folk, and we know it! The mayor says tourism is doing so well the rest of us might as well just give up and throw ourselves off Scarfolk bridge! Scarfolk is just off the hook right now, and you just know it. Rabies infections are down by, like, eleven percent, and our in-school EEGs recorded some of the wildest sounds from our students brains! I can't wait for the super-invasive scans. Maybe we can get a brain-band or something, am I right?

It's boring, and no one wants to hear it, but the town council have been banging on my door all week, and you've all got to hear this. Scarfolk Council have given us a whole parcel of health and safety suggestions. Yawn! They're boring as anything, but you've all got to hear them today. They'd like me to warn you that we don't have any exits in our public buildings. None. They're all paintings. Typical council spending, am I right? They can afford a pagan funeral pyre on the fourth floor, but giving us a decent exit is just too difficult! Ah, I shouldn't keep jonesing about it. If you attend a voluntary council mandated first-aid course, they show you how to make dead folks look alive until the council taxidermist gets there. Only in Scarfolk, am I right?

Last but not even close to least, Ethel Dorking was murdered in a gruesome cult-style killing in Scarfolk Towers just last night. Witnesses are calling it a very art deco style of murder, while some critics say it's way too derivative, and is basically a re-hash of Tommy Ten-Tongues's exhibition of Scarfolkians' tongues. Remember kids, until a council seller turns up to auction off body parts, the killer holds the copyright, so you can't get anything for your collection.

Stay lovely, Scarfolk, I'll see you all on the bridge. In the meantime, I've got some weather for you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:20 pm

Invest in your lives, listeners. Hand yourself a dollar every time you wake up.

Welcome to Desert Bluffs.

Good afternoon, Desert Bluffs! This is Kevin, bringing you all the local excitement. I went down to the local petting zoo today and I got to see the cute new additions to the zoo. There was a lovely baby Tarantula, I could already tell it was planning its future in its many beady, black, little eyes!~ We should all follow that Tarantula's lovely example!~

The Desert Bluff Vultures are getting ready for the big game on Friday. I'll be there to cheer on the team and I hope you will too!~ Nothing is greater then bake goods in pie chart form and the warm company of those around us. So come out and join in on the home town spirit.

Oh hold on, Listeners. Intern Vanessa is handing me a note from Mayor Pablo Mitchell .

*sounds of letter opening*

Oh my~ Well I've got some good news and bad news, listeners. It seems that some of us we'll be chosen to go visit Nightvale, and I'm one of them. But don't worry, it seems its only a short vacation time. The sad news is it seems I will be leaving you all.

And now the weather, listeners.

And we're back~ It seems our time has come to the end. I'm going to miss every one of you, listeners. I just found out I'll still be on the radio, I'll get to experience Night vale Radio's finest. Remember, today is what you make of it. Spend your time wisely. Until next time, Desert Bluffs, until next time.
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Cecil:  

The rest of the night passed uneventfully, I went home, I had leftover wheat and wheat by-product free pizza from Rico's Pizza, from my governmentally mandated meal the night before last, and went to sleep, hoping to avoid another night of shared hallucinatory nightmares. Those nights were always the worst.

The next morning, or rather, early afternoon, as I'd stayed in this morning to do a bit of light reading in unmodified sumerian to try and get my bloodstone circles adjusted so that my bathroom no longer existed in a dimension of mutant warthogs, as had been the issue for the past few days on and off... but anyway the early afternoon, I went out and got my mail, as was normal to do on days of the week that existed at the same time that our postman decided to find my house. Needless to say, I had knitting magazines coming  to me from December of 1969, and several bills for area codes I'd never heard of. ...There was also a green envelope and my heart sank.

I was going to Scarfolk.

I was going to Scarfolk. Wherever that was. England. I guess.

...KEVIN. KEVIN WOULD BE IN MY RADIO BOOTH. EW. EW KEVIN THAT HIDEOUS INSUFFERABLE HELL DEMON. ...I took a moment to compose myself so as to not devolve into unseemly ranting on the spot about how if I came back to any ANY human viscera on my switchboard I would be deeply unsettled.

And then it hit me that I probably wouldn't be coming back. I would be leaving everyone here behind to go to the magical land of England, which at this point I was still dubious as to the existence of. ...Everyone.

Carlos.

I would be leaving Carlos here.

I dropped all my mail on the lawn and ran back into my house, holding back tears until I got to a governmentally approved living area for such outbursts. Namely, my living room. ...My living room where Carlos and I had spent the evening eating Spondarillos the night before or whatever they're called, not a care in the world. ....But now... now...

I cried.

After several hours doubled over in agony over this, I decided to finally call Carlos and attempt to convey the news. ...The horrible horrible news. I waited on the line as the phone rang and hoped to Yog-Sothoth that he wasn't busy doing science and that he'd actually pick the thing up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Carlos

I was still holding the transfer letter when the phone rang. I was going to have to leave Nightvale. I was going to have to leave everything behind, I had done it before...but this time it was different. I was leaving Cecil...I didn't want to do that....the letter said the transfer wouldn't be for long...apparently the City Council had gotten a hold of my boss...saying that if I wanted to continue my research, I'd have to participate in the transfer....but...I didn't....want...to continue my research....I loved my work, but I loved Cecil more.

I blinked back tears, picking up the phone and answering it. "This is Carlos the Scientist, how can I help you?"
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:39 am

Cecil:

I almost didn't expect him to pick up the phone and then he did and his perfect, sweet caramel voice drifted over the receiver and I wanted to cry but I was already crying and if you use more than fifteen eyes to cry at once you could actually become dehydrated and die of it.

I ended up wailing despondently with the hurt of thousands of human sacrifices behind my voice, allowing the very essence of sorrow to carry through the air and hoping that somehow this would compensate for any language that actually came with a cohesive alphabet.

I was going to be leaving him and this may very well be our last phone call together... for personal reasons... and I was overwrought with grief.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:12 am

Carlos

"Cecil, is that you? What's wrong?" I asked, growing concerned. I sniffed, gripping the letter tightly in my hand. There might be no more phone calls, I had never even heard of Scarfolk...and I hoped it would be possible to reach him.
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:14 pm

Cecil:

So apparently I would need to explain myself more than wailing into the phone. That was... unfortunate. I tried to compose myself a bit more, breathing deeply. "What if I never see you again?" I asked, still crying into the phone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Carlos

"...You heard I was leaving?" I asked, surprised that the news had traveled that fast. I knew the secret police was always watching but...
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:01 pm

Cecil:

That caught me by surprise. Carlos was leaving? I suddenly stopped making noise. "Wait what? Nooo...I'm leaving... I'm a reassigned civilian... ...wait did they cut your funding because I will walk right over to City Council myself and tell them you need more funds because science costs money and just because we're out of imaginary corn that doesn't mean that science won't bolster our economy!" I ranted suddenly indignant. My feelings were a bit everywhere at the moment and I just wanted to hold Carlos until I had to go and if they were cutting funding for him and he had to go back home AND I was moving then I'd just... this was awful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:03 pm

Carlos

"No they didn't cut my funding- wait you're leaving? Where are you going?" I asked, starting to piece things together.
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:29 pm

Cecil:

"Scarfolk, I'm moving to Scarfolk, in the mythical land of England and... and... KEVIN R. FREE FROM DESERT BLUFFS IS GOING TO GET HIS HUMAN VISCERA ALL OVER MY SWITCHBOARD I JUST KNOW IT and oh Carlos I just... ...one last night? You and me? Together?" I asked hopefully. I couldn't guarantee that it was going to be anything fantastic but... holding him with multiple limbs at once while crying onto his shoulder counted as something right? We could cry together. For all of the lost things, all of the un-had things, all of the things we would never achieve through the perils of a long distance relationship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Carlos

I started laughing, I don't know why. But relief filled me and I was so incredibly happy. "No Cecil! This won't be our last night! I'm headed to Scarfolk as well! And the transfer isn't permanent for any of the residents, according to what the City Council told my boss."
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Cecil:

I laughed right along with him. City council didn't know anything about this. City council was probably lying to make us all feel better. I loved our city council, they really cared about our well being, and you could tell in the lies that they told us. It was so nice. ...Though, I supposed that it wouldn't be /our/ city council any more.

Carlos was coming to Scarfolk. ...This fact made thw world feel lighter, made the tension come away from my body, made me actualy feel like loking at the esoteric and incomprehensible gibberish about how you can't actually pack sacrificial gerbils in your luggage or else the FCC or someone would detain you.

"...Wait... really?! You're coming with me?!" I squeaked. "...do... do you know how to pack luggage that doesn't somehow breach the arbitrary and useless safeguards of the faceless flight supervisor?" I asked as well, because Carlos seemed to be good at those kinds of things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Carlos

"Yes, I can help you there," I chuckled. I was so ecstatically happy, I wouldn't have to leave Cecil. "How about we get together tonight....and I'll help you pack?"
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Cecil:

" That sounds wonderful... Do you remember where my house is? I can come get you if not... I'll bring dramamine so you don't get nauseated by the geometry if you'd like..." I was so glad... I realized that I may have to put myself together a bit before he came over... I roughly counted about thirty extra limbs and fifteen mouths and sixty five eyes that had manifested due to my sudden outburst, which was probably not the best way to look when your boyfriend is only really comfortable with two eyes and four arms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:53 pm

Carlos

"I think I remember where it is...I have to drop something off anyway on my way over."
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Cecil:

" Ah, alright that works out..." I replied. I thought about it for a moment and then decided that maybe I should warn him. "Carlos, just so you know, uhm... I don't really look like myself at the moment... I'm going to try and fix it by the time you get here, but...yeaaaahhh..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:28 pm

Carlos

"That's okay...it'll...probably take me a while to find your house...if its not in the same place..."
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Cecil:

"...Oh... No Carlos, then I'll just... I'll come get you it's fine really. I don't want you getting lost. ...just uh, be prepared for some... oddness?" I didn't want him to get lost on the way, that would be so upsetting, and after we just found out that we'd be travelling transdimensionally together... I didn't want to lose him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee on Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:06 pm

Carlos

"Alright," I said, wondering what else had happened. "Do you know how to get to my lab?"
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top